Keywords: strategy, analysis, futures, scenarios, trends, insight, imagination, Spain, translation, writing, blogging, languages, communication, independence, entrepreneur, leadership, business, economics, politics, international relations.
Where do my talents meet the needs of the world? What should I be concentrating on in this life? What do I appear to be naturally good at?
On Myers-Briggs personality tests, I get INTJ: “…have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When committed, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance – for themselves and others.” The Strengths Finder aptitude test tells me I am strongest on:
- Strategic: “The Strategic theme enables you to sort through the clutter and find the best route. It is not a skill that can be taught. It is a distinct way of thinking, a special perspective on the world at large. This perspective allows you to see patterns where others simply see complexity“;
- Futuristic: “You are the kind of person who loves to peer over the horizon. The future fascinates you. As if it were projected on the wall, you see in detail what the future might hold…In fact, very often people look to you to describe your visions of the future.“;
- Ideation: “You are fascinated by ideas…You are delighted when you discover beneath the complex surface an elegantly simple concept to explain why things are the way they are. An idea is a connection…What you are sure of is that ideas are thrilling.“;
- Intellection: “You like to think. You like mental activity. You like exercising the “muscles” of your brain, stretching them in multiple directions…You are the kind of person who enjoys your time alone because it is your time for musing and reflection“;
- Belief: “If you possess a strong Belief theme, you have certain core values that are enduring…Your Belief makes you easy to trust. It also demands that you find work that meshes with your values. Your work must be meaningful; it must matter to you”.
My clients, readers and friends (I ask them from time to time) tell me I’m good at:
- languages, communication, translation, Spanish & English;
- explaining how Spain is changing within a changing world;
- inspiring really big, deeper analytical or systemic thoughts;
- being provocative when discussing sensitive or moral topics.